Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Surveys
CSR GeoSurveys Ltd. Completed numerous surveys for the Dept. of National Defence to locate subsea unexploded ordnance from lost warships and sea-dumped munitions from WWII. The work included 18 sites offshore Atlantic Canada in water depths ranging from 5-450 metres.
The objectives of the surveys were to locate the wreck or sea-dumped munitions sites, determine their condition, assess the nature of biological and geological habitats and confirm whether UXO could be identified in the surrounding seabed sediments. This data was utilized to determine the Risk Assessment for each site.
- Marine Geophysical Surveys
- Marine Geotechnical & Environmental Investigations
- Multibeam & Single Beam Hydrographic Surveys
- Ghost Gear Recovery
- Pipeline & Cable Route Surveys
- Shallow Sub-Bottom Investigations
- Ice Scour Surveys and Analysis
- Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Surveys
- Marine Search and Salvage